With a charitable remainder trust, you can make a gift to March of Dimes and receive income at the same time. A charitable remainder trust is established by making an irrevocable transfer of cash, securities, real estate or other non-cash assets to a trust in exchange for an annual income for life or a term of years.
- Life income—You and other named beneficiaries receive income for life or a term of years.
- Income growth potential—To the extent the trust principal grows over time, your payment will also depend on the type of trust you establish.
- Income tax deduction—You receive an immediate charitable income tax deduction at the time you transfer assets to the trust.
- Capital gains tax savings—Appreciated assets transferred to a charitable remainder trust can be liquidated free of capital gains tax.
- Estate tax savings—All assets transferred to a charitable remainder trust are removed from your estate and will not be subject to estate tax.
Legal name and address to use when naming March of Dimes as a beneficiary of a charitable remainder trust: March of Dimes, 1550 Crystal Drive Suite 1300, Arlington, VA, 22202, Federal Tax ID #13-1846366.”
CHARITABLE GIFT ANNUITIES
A charitable gift annuity is a contract with March of Dimes in which you make an irrevocable gift of cash or stock to us in exchange for a fixed annual income for life. You can choose to begin receiving payments immediately after making the gift or delay payments until a future date. By delaying payments, you’ll receive a higher payout rate and larger charitable income tax deduction.
HOW IT WORKS
- You make a minimum gift of $10,000 in cash or stock to March of Dimes.
- You and/or your spouse or other beneficiary receive fixed annual payments for life.
- You receive a charitable income tax deduction at the time of your gift.
- Your gift benefits March of Dimes upon your death.
- The annuitant(s) must be at least 65 at the time of the contract.
- The annuity rate is determined by the annuitant’s age and the number of annuitants.
Please document your future gift intentions. Use this form to easily and safely document your gift to March of Dimes.
Questions? We're here to help
For assistance with planning a gift that will benefit March of Dimes now or in the future, please contact 1-800-780-3463 or [email protected].
For assistance with administration of an active estate or trust of which March of Dimes is a beneficiary, including distributions, releases and notice of related court proceedings, please contact Pecola Beech, Estates Administrator, at 1-914-997-4455 or [email protected].
If you would like to make a gift now to March of Dimes, visit our donation form.